2.11.2009

What am I paying for?!

Today just pissed me off.

Up until about 2:45pm today, I had a declared minor in Marketing to complament my Psychology major. Through no help of my advisors, however, I found out that nonbusiness majors can only declare an Entreprenurial Studies or General Business minor. Sweet. The people who's job it is to make sure that I am taking the correct classes and to ensure that I am on track to graduate neglected to inform me that my minor choice wasn't an option, despite the fact that they were fully aware of it and we discussed it on multiple occasions. So, now I've been forced to become a Criminal Justice Studies minor, because it was essentially my best option (and one of only a few). Now, because of their stupid mistake and oversight, I am in classes this semester that I don't need and will only work as elective credit (which I don't need), and my graduation date has been pushed back to Spring of 2011 - which puts me a whole f*cking year behind instead of the 1 semester that I was originally delayed. This takes into account me taking 6 and 5 credits for this and next summer, respectively.

My only question here is: what exactly are these people paid to do?!

No comments: